Jobs at Monterey Jazz Festival
Monterey Jazz Festival
Under the direction of the development director and including collaboration with the managing director and other staff, the development assistant will perform a variety of duties essential to furthering the fundraising goals of Monterey Jazz Festival and its educational programs.
- Facilitate donor record-keeping and data input using development tools and databases.
- Handle gift processing and acknowledgements; and prepare gift reports and donor honor rolls.
- Coordinate direct mail and telephone solicitations for spring, fall and year-end appeals including: drafting and disseminating correspondence, generating mail merges, working with mail house and other vendors, ordering supplies, assigning appeal and mail codes, conducting follow-up calls and collaborating with the education director and marketing director as appropriate to plan and execute appeals.
- Conduct prospect research and/or wealth analysis on individuals and organizations.
- Facilitate grant proposals and reports for foundations, corporations, government agencies and individuals , including: maintenance of grants tracking calendar and management of deadlines and requirements; gathering information from multiple departments, assisting with drafting of grant reports and proposals; assembling and coordinating electronic and hard copy mailings to corporate/foundation funders; and working with other contracted grant writers as needed.
- Coordinate special events as assigned including: Ambassador and alumni receptions, Jazz Legacy Circle and other donor events; Galas and any other events assigned.
- Coordinate production of development department collaterals, e.g. (event invitations, event signage, mailed solicitations, gift acknowledgement letters, newsletters, social media, etc.), working with the marketing department as appropriate.
- Assist the Development Director with the management of the Development Committee and any sub-committee meetings, including scheduling meetings, recording and disseminating timely communications, providing support to committee members and following up on their assignments as necessary.
- Participate in developing individual donor strategy, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Coordinate and Supervise activities of any Development interns and volunteers.
- Assist with special projects as assigned by the Development Director and Managing Director.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in fundraising, sales, or related fields.
- Experience using fundraising software (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge, LexisNexis Development Pro) or other CRM software.
- Proficiency using office equipment and computers, including software programs: Microsoft Office Suite -- Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Reader, copier/fax/scan, and phone systems).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills; high degree of customer service
- Accuracy and strong attention to details; uses judgment, discretion and maintains confidentiality with respect to donor and organizational information
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities
- Comfortable taking direction and working independently; collaborative colleague
- Able and willing to work irregular hours, including occasional weekends and evenings).
- Proactive task-master and problem solver with strong sense of humor and interest in jazz.
- Willingness to learn more and serve the MJF community of supporters.
- Position is based at the Monterey Jazz Festival corporate office located in Monterey, Calif.
Annual salary range: $40,000 to $45,000
For immediate consideration, please forward a resumé and cover letter to Andy@MontereyJazzFestival.org. This is a full-time regular non-exempt position. Monterey Jazz Festival offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
No phone calls please.
ABOUT MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL
Now in its 56th year, Monterey Jazz Festival celebrates the legacy of jazz and expands the boundaries of and opportunities to experience jazz through the creative production of performances and educational programs.
We are proud to present today’s best jazz entertainment at the longest running jazz festival in the world, and to serve the next generation of jazz performers and audiences through our highly acclaimed year-round jazz education programs.
We invite you to learn more about our organization and our educational programs by visiting our Web site at www.montereyjazzfestival.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employment decisions at Monterey Jazz Festival are based on merit, qualifications and abilities and will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's age (40 and over), ancestry, sex/gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), color, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, or any person perceived to have any of these characteristics or any person associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of these characteristics, or any other classification protected by applicable law.