Jobs at Monterey Jazz Festival
EDUCATION DEPARTMENT ASSISTANT
Monterey Jazz Festival
Under the direct supervision of the Education Director, with secondary reporting to the Managing Director, the Education Assistant performs a wide range of duties supporting Monterey Jazz Festival education programs, including: The Monterey Jazz Festival, the Next Generation Jazz Festival, Traveling Clinicians Program, Summer Jazz Camp, Monterey County Honor Ensembles, the Next Generation Jazz Orchestra, the Digital Music Education Project (DMEP), music education conferences, and promotional and special events.
- Assist the Education Director with the implementation of Education Department programs and functions.
- Manage student and school databases.
- Coordinate travel, hotel/lodging accommodations, meals/catering, and production/backline arrangements for education programs and activities. Order materials, e.g. T-shirts, awards, trophies, etc. Ensure cost savings and efficiency in procuring goods and services.
- Prepare, maintain, and distribute schedules for education programs including school visits, rehearsals, Festival performances, tours, community appearances, and itineraries for students/clinicians/educators/artists/adjudicators/staff, etc.
- Prepare and distribute logistics, performance, and behavioral criteria to participants of Monterey Jazz Festival education programs. Coordinate check-in and departure of ensembles/performers/adjudicators etc. Chaperone various student groups both locally and on tour.
- Coordinate Next Generation Jazz Festival: program advertising, college fair and sponsor sales.
- Maintain inventory of education program musical instruments, sheet music repertoire and teaching resources.
- Facilitate research, collection, and distribution of education program data for development and marketing activities.
- Assist the Education Director at national conferences and conventions with preparation and onsite operations including shipping and receiving of booth materials, set-up/breakdown, and education program marketing and networking.
- Coordinate “Evenings by the Bay” concert series, Festival education booth, Concert for Kids, and ticket donations.
- Facilitate additional responsibilities as assigned by the Education Director or Managing Director.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office and use of office equipment (computers, copier, fax, postage meter, phone systems).
- Strong interpersonal skills: communication, collaboration, time-management, goal setting, priority management, critical decision making, and attention to detail.
- Ability to work irregular hours (weekends/evenings).
- Position is based at the Monterey Jazz Festival Corporate Office located in Monterey, Calif.
- College Degree preferred (music or education discipline a plus).
Please forward a résumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a part-time non-exempt position.
No phone calls please.
ABOUT MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL
Now in its 57th year, Monterey Jazz Festival celebrates the legacy of jazz and expands the boundaries of and opportunities to experience jazz through the creative production of performances and educational programs.
We are proud to present today’s best jazz entertainment at the longest continuously running jazz festival in the world. Our year-round Jazz Education Programs are showcased at our annual Next Generation Jazz Festival, the world’s preeminent stage for aspiring jazz musicians.
We invite you to learn more about our organization by visiting our Web site at www.monteryjazzfestival.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Employment decisions at Monterey Jazz Festival are based on merit, qualifications and abilities and will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's age (40 and over), ancestry, sex/gender (including gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), color, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, registered domestic partner status, or any person perceived to have any of these characteristics or any person associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of these characteristics, or any other classification protected by applicable law.