|For over 30 years Monterey Jazz Festival has
invited students from across the county to explore the world of
jazz at our fun and immersive Summer Jazz Camp. We bring together
motivated kids and world-class artists in a safe, supportive environment
that allows your child to grow as a musician and as a person. Over
the course of two weeks they’ll exercise their creativity,
listening and communication skills, build a technical foundation
on their instrument, and develop their unique personal style
as a musician.
to students ages 12-18 with all levels of experience, a typical
camp day includes:
- Instrument/voice-specific master classes focusing
on technique, theory and jazz language
- Small group rehearsals that focus on improvisation
- Big band rehearsals tailored to your child’s
- Campwide clinics and performances featuring the 2015 Artist-In-Residence, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra saxophonist Ted Nash
- Opportunities to play alongside our professional
REGISTER ONLINE TODAY!
TUITION: Starts at $900 with special discounts for students
who participate in MJF’s year-round education programs.
Scholarships are also available.
- $450 for students whose schools participate in our
Traveling Clinicians program
- $225 for MJF's Monterey County High School All-Star Band and Vocal Honor Jazz Ensemble members
LEARN MORE: Visit montereyjazzfestival.org or call Samantha
Samuels at 831.373.8843, firstname.lastname@example.org
Major funding for the 2015 Summer Jazz Camp comes from: Arts Council for Monterey County, Community Foundation for Monterey County, Enterprise Holdings Foundation, Harden Foundation, The William and Flora Hewlett Foundation, Monterey Peninsula Foundation, Nancy Buck Ransom Foundation, The David and Lucile Packard Foundation, Rotary International, Yellow Brick Road Benefit Shop, and individual donors.
Read Other Monterey Jazz Festival Newsletters Here!
To view this email as a web page click here
To Unsubscribe please click [UNSUBSCRIBE]
To Forward This Email To A Friend please click [FORWARD]