"... rhapsodic themes and driving grooves ..."
— The Guardian
The cutting edge British piano trio, GoGo Penguin, is an acoustic band, but their music draws from many areas of contemporary sounds. "We're recreating electronic music on acoustic instruments," they say of their most recent album, Man Made Object, out on Blue Note Records. Continually pushing the sonic envelope, they've also scored a new soundtrack to the influential and experimental time-lapse classic documentary Koyaanisqatsi in addition to performing their mind-bending live shows across the world. They'll make an explosive MJF debut, kicking off the 60th weekend in Dizzy's Den!
More on GoGo Penguin
Experience GoGo Penguin
Friday, September 15, 7:30pm
All weekend long in the Blue Note at Sea Tent from September 15-17 at the 60th Monterey Jazz Festival, join your host, Blue Note President and music industry legend Don Was, in welcoming such Blue Note artists Joe Lovano, GoGo Penguin, Kandace Springs, Derrick Hodge, and other special surprise guests at CD signings, workshops, conversations, and more, along with learning about upcoming Blue Note at Sea cruises!
Located on the Midway, the Blue Note at Sea Tent schedule includes:
FRIDAY, SEPT 15
SATURDAY, SEPT 16
- Blue Note Jazz Tent Welcome Party
- Interview with WAYNE SHORTER, hosted by DON WAS
- CD Signing with GOGO PENGUIN
SUNDAY, SEPT 17
- Entertainment Cruise Productions Presents The Jazz Cruise
- The Future of Blue Note with DON WAS
- Exploring the Bass: JOHN CLAYTON, DERRICK HODGE & DON WAS
- Interview with KANDACE SPRINGS
- And More!
- Women in Jazz with Special Guests TIA FULLER and INGRID JENSEN
- Interview with JOE LOVANO hosted by DON WAS
- Blue Note Listening Session hosted by DON WAS
- Win a Free Cabin on Blue Note at Sea Drawing
And many more activities to be announced! Stay tuned for information about other performances, parties and promotions! You can also find out more details about Blue Note at Sea as a friend of the Monterey Jazz Festival HERE.