NEW FOR 2017
June 11-16, 2017 (Middle School Summer Jazz Camp)
June 18-23, 2017 (High School Summer Jazz Camp)
Residency option at Stevenson School available for all campers
8:30am-4pm at Stevenson School
3152 Forest Lake Rd, Pebble Beach, CA 93953
Join us on the beautiful Pebble Beach campus of Stevenson School for our fun and immersive summer jazz camp. We offer both day and residency camp options for all students. Play with talented and motivated students just like you, and study with world-class artists and educators.
Open to all instrumentalists and vocalists in grade six through college freshman.
Middle School Jazz Camp is available for students entering grade 6-9 in the fall of 2017.
High School Jazz Camp is available for students entering 9th grade through college freshman in the fall of 2017.
Students entering the 9th grade may choose to attend either week.
- Big Bands: Learn phrasing, blend, rhythm section techniques in a large jazz ensemble
- Combos: Develop improvisational skills in a group tailored to your level
- Master classes: Focus on instrument-specific technique, theory and jazz language
- Vocal workshops: Explore ensemble blend, interpretation, scat singing and more
- Camp-wide clinics: Featuring MJF's 2017 Artists-In-Residence, John Clayton, Gerald Clayton, and Jeff Hamilton
- Jam sessions: Fun and relaxed playtime with students and faculty
- Performances: Share what you’ve learned with family and friends
- Free time: Enjoy the stunning Pebble Beach campus, sports facilities and pool
The Middle School Jazz Camp will culminate with a big band and combo concert on Friday, June 16, 2017 at 6:45pm in the Stevenson School auditorium.
The High School Instrumental Campers will participate in a jam session in downtown Monterey on Wednesday, June 21, 2017.
The High School Vocal Jazz Campers will perform at the annual Vocal Open Mic Night in downtown Monterey on Thursday, June 22, 2017.
The High School Jazz Camp final concert will be held Friday, June 23, 2017 at 6:45pm in the Stevenson School auditorium.
Monterey Jazz Festival offers a limited number of MJF Summer Jazz Camp Scholarships. These partial scholarships will be $250 for Residential Campers and $125 for Day Campers. MJF High School Honor Ensemble participants receive a discounted tuition for MJF Summer Jazz Camp and therefore are not eligible for the scholarship. To be considered for a scholarship, you must complete the scholarship application no later than May 1, 2017. Scholarships will be awarded based on financial need and the student’s response to: “How will attending Monterey Jazz Festival Summer Jazz Camp benefit me?” Students selected to receive the scholarship will be notified by May 15, 2017. The application form can be found here: https://goo.gl/YIipL2
Important Dates for 2017
May 22: Refund request deadline
June 2: Enrollment deadline
June 11: Middle School Summer Jazz Camp begins
June 18: High School Summer Jazz Camp begins